If you read this and had fun doing it, please add one about yourself so I can learn more about you.
1. I love my kids. I know this sound to easy to be number one, but I can't begin to tell everyone how much I love being a Daddy.
2. I'm not really a car guy. Coming from a car salesman, this sounds bad, but I've been forced to learn more about cars because of my career then I ever really wanted to know. With that said, I would NEVER buy a German car.
3. I found out from my wife that in High School, I may not have come across as the nicest person to others. She has since said that she just didn't understand me. So to any I may have offended, I'm sorry... You just don't get it.... :P
4. A girl I dated in High School is 99.9% responsible for me going on a mission. Because of that mission, I will NEVER question that Jesus Christ is my Savior.
5. I don't really like Slurpees. I would much rather have a Rainbow from Pace's. There is something about the gritty-ness of the ice they use there that really “makes” the treat.
6. I look and act a lot like my dad. Sometimes this really scares me.
7. There are still days that I wish I could be a Fire Fighter. After having back surgery while on my mission, it became clear this was not going to ever happen. But almost every time I hear a siren, I dream of being in the truck. I do not believe there is a better job in the world that will always be needed.
8. If I knew I could make a living at it, I would quit selling cars and become a Ceramic Artist. I love throwing pots on the wheel. And ya, it might be fun to re-enact the scene from Ghost with Tia.
9. I only eat vegetable because I have to. The best meal for me is not meat and potatoes, its meat and meat. I HATE potatoes. I think they are the left over design for a veggie from God and not really meant to be eaten by people, but as filler for animal feed.
10. I am not obsessed with anything. Every guy is supposed to have his thing: sports, cars, food, video games, what ever. I do not have one of these. I enjoy many things, like guns and motorcycles, but I do not know everything there is to know about them. As long as I have access to the things I like, I’m good. I think some guys just need to calm down cause you’re freaking us all out.
11. In a choice between Lowes and Home Depot, I choose HD. Lowes just seems too pretty for me. It seams like a place for wives to go to when they need to get something done. But Home Depot is a real construction ware house.
12. When I was 15, I went to EFY down in Provo. The first day there, we had a push-up contest to see who could do the most in 60 seconds. I was picked out of our group and beat everyone else there that week by completing 137 in just one minute. Yes, back in the good ‘ol days, I didn’t weigh hardly anything and could really move. I don’t think I could do 30 today. I’m going to try tonight.
13. Tia and I dated off and on for about 18 months before we got married. However, Tia broke it off with me dozens of times. The one time I said good bye was what finally pushed her over and convinced her I was a good guy to have around. Honestly, I think the only reason she kept getting back with me before was because I was such a good kisser.
14. I like to buy things. I hate shopping at stores, but if I need/want something, I will do everything I can to make sure I am getting exactly what it is I should have at the best deal. At the same time, I hate when customers at my store can’t make up their mind to just buy the car, and want to go shopping all over the place.
15. Making this list has proven to be a little more work for me then I really wanted to get into.
16. I hate to admit, but I do not follow world news as much as I should. What war is happening now and for how long??? I just don’t care. I care, but not so much about the information. I don’t know why the Gaza strip is in such despair, but do not feel the need to learn and/or do anything about it.
17. My mom was the best cook I knew. Now, my wife has fine tuned her cooking skills enough to become a tie in my mind with my mom. While Tia will still learn a lot form my mom in the years to come, I love my wife’s cooking.
18. Because of the amount of time I spend in front of a computer each day, I am grateful for face book and the option it gives me to interact with real people from time to time.
19. The very first fight I ever got into was in 2nd grade. Me against Sean B. While people say we were fighting over Marianne because we both had a crush on her, he and I know it was really because I told him to stop shoving in line when we were asked to get a piece of paper from a shelf in our class room. He asked me if I wanted to fight about it, and I said yes. Early Morning Recess, it was on. He disagrees as to how I won the fight, but he does agree I won. The first bloody nose I have ever given anyone was on this day, and it scared me. We then became good friends. I loved being a kid. Fast fights, faster forgiveness.
20. I hate hate HATE spelling and grammar rules. I have never like them and therefore never learned them correctly. I have to use Microsoft word just to make this list so I don’t look and sound like a complete idiot to everyone.
21. I have only lined up one couple in my whole life and they got married. It was a completely blind date, and within weeks, they were engaged. I don’t feel like I should ever try again because I like being at 100%.
22. In high school, I was able to sing the National Anthem at a Jazz game. There were a group of 8 of us and we rocked. I’m just saying this because many people that know me may not know I sing unless they were in school with me.
23. I hate cats. Hate them, they are from the devil. Nothing you can do or say will change my mind about this.
24. When I was in high school, I was nearly excommunicated from my church for blowing up a mail box with a home made pipe bomb. Apparently, in the LDS church, if you are convicted of a felony, you automatically get exed, no matter what the crime. And since a mail box is federal property, destruction of one is Class 1 felony, if I remember correctly. I remember thinking how dumb a rule that was that no questions asked, I was out. Fortunately, the charges were dropped. Don’t know why, but I’m glad.
25. And to finish as obviously as I started, I love my wife. Tia, you are the greatest and I thank God everyday for an unanswered prayer. I do not believe anyone could make me as happy as you make me. You are a great wife, mother, and friend. There is not one person that has ever met you that would not agree with me when I say you are the best. I love you.